How Companies are Implementing Remote Working with their Business Structure:
Working from home, a café or a site far away from a traditional workplace is a dream of many stressed-out employees. Thankfully, today the concept of remote work has made that dream a reality. Remote Working either known as telework or telecommuting.
Currently, many companies are implementing the idea of remote work culture with their business structure. This is not only beneficial for employees, but it is also a great option for companies to improve their productivity and turnover.
As per the new data, approx 6.1 million individuals in the US are working remotely. It shows that the scope for working from any place you desire is increasing every single day.
Gallup performed a survey of more than 15,000 adults in America. This survey represents that more employees are working remotely and they are working so for long-time. Not only in America, but the trend of remote working or telecommuting is rising around the world.
How companies are implementing it:
Most of the companies are creating and implementing remote work policies with their business structure.
Implementing a remote working policy with your company can seem tricky. But, by using a proper and systematic approach, you can generate a list of choices that benefit the employees as well the organization.
The points below describe how many companies are already embracing this culture and how others can also –
1. Starting slowly
Always remember, all remote work arrangements should begin on a provisional period. In the start, you can allow few of your employees two days per week to work remotely. This procedure is what all companies are following. If you think work from home is making sense for your business; you can make it a permanent thing. But, initially, you will have to do a little experiment.
2. Treat everyone equally
Be sure to treat everyone equally whether you are dealing with an on-roll employee or the one working remotely. Don’t be overly restrictive with your remote workers. Find out some ways to keep remote workers informed and in the loop about all ongoing tasks in the traditional office space.
As an owner, if you do so, you can keep your teleworkers productive and loyal for your firm. Never make any workers realize that his reasons for wanting to work from home are not valid. All remote working companies treat and respect each employee equally.
3. Providing must have tools
In any organization, to maintain balance, it is crucial to provide all must have tools for employees to keep them connected. Remote companies are setting up the laptops and computers of their remote workers with a VPN. This VPN allow them to keep their employees connected with the company’s server.
4. Setting productivity expectations
As a remote company owner, it is essential for your business to set protocols for gauging productivity or performance. Set goals for everyone working with you. Working towards a target is in the best interest of every individual. And, it will surely help you reach your expectations and even improve productivity.
All the companies that are implementing the remote work approach are following these things. This is the only way to make it beneficial for workers as well as their organizations.
Benefits of Remote Working
- Teleworkers are less stressed: According to Daryl Wilkinson, the group head of digital development at Nationwide Building Society, remote working in a company can empower staff and improve overall performance. He said, “There’s less stress in the office and the workplace — people feel empowered to work in a way that suits them and suits the business.”
- Remote workers cost less: According to Ian Adams, head of strategic marketing development at outsourcing company Mitie – “Encouraging several ways of work allows companies to save a lot of money and valuables.”
- Teleworkers are well connected: The prevalence of social media and smartphones mean you don’t require any another source for effective communication. And new business trends like video conferencing, BYOD, and remote administration are enhancing the effectiveness of remote work.
- Remote working offer options: According to Robert Gorby, marketing director of Powwownow – “Remote working offers different options”. He added, “Choice is very important. There shouldn’t be a technology-driven compulsion to work in a certain way.
- Companies get more productivity from happier remote workers: There is no doubt that remote workers are less stressed than employees working in the office. And a stress-free employee is always more creative than a stressed one. More creativity means more original and productivity business ideas. And, it is directly related to your company’s benefit.
These advantages show that telework is almost accepted as a good thing for all businesses universally. If you want to implement remote working with your business, feel free to do so. Before implementing, you should be aware that it requires time investment in setup, procedures, and systems.
If you have trouble turning your home into an office? Why not see why coworking can be the solution.